Saturday, November 2, 2013

@ THE PARK ~ Bo Bunny (Trail Mix Collection)

   After receiving a stack of fabulous photos that my Sister-in-law took of my nephews, I knew that this was the one that I HAD to scrap, especially when I saw how perfect it looks with Bo Bunny's Trail Mix Collection.

   I was inspired by this sketch from last month's sketch challenge at Scrapbook.com. I just replaced the hearts with circles, but will probably use this again with the hearts, because I think it would make a beautiful wedding or Valentines page.

   The background gears were masked with Distress Inks (peeled paint and gathered twigs). The helm was cut with my Cricut Expression (Life is a beach cartridge), and inked with gathered twigs. I painted the "@" in the title with a cream acrylic paint to match the paper it's on. The dragonflies were stamped, cut out, and inked.

  After cutting out all of the circles, I machine stitched over them, and created a net like the one on the bridge in the photo. The curvy, uneven stitch lines make this my example with the twist, for the Sewing Challenge that I host @ Scrapbook.com. After all the sewing was done, I glued rope around the the circles.I finished up the page with a leaf and some buttons. Here's a closer look at the stitching on the bottom.

   I hope you're all having a great weekend! I'm getting ready to start on my next page.Thanks for stopping by!


1 comment:

  1. perfectly scrapped picture! Love all the stitching and layers! Awesome masculine layout! I'm pinning this one for later! :)

    ReplyDelete