Friday, June 20, 2014

Birthday Blooms

    As soon as  I saw this month's mood board at Scrap Around the World, I knew immediately that I wanted to scrap this photo of the flowers that my Sister sent me for my last birthday.



    Here's the bright and summery mood board, where all my inspiration started. I used black and white twine around the middle of the doily, which was an old coaster that I got from my Grandma, to mimic the striped straws. All of the colors and flowers were also inspired by these images.



    The design inspiration came from this awesome sketch from Page Drafts.



     I recycled an old clear gift bag with yellow daises on it to create the background, which I cut into 3" strips. I used some gesso, Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray, and the Texturized Stencil from The Crafters Workshop, to go over the strips, and then hand-stitched the zigzags in between them. I stamped the grey strip, Birthday, the striped border around the banner pieces, and embossed the two black and white flowers, coloring the centers yellow with Prismacolor Markers.



    For the June Four Categories Challenge @ Scrapbook.com, I added some cardboard for Category 1 behind the photo. For the twist I sprayed the white cardboard with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray (Yellow Rose of Texas), and went over it with a glossy black paint. The butterflies were printed years ago from Swiryldoos. Of course I had to add the little happy face card that came with the flowers.



    Here's what I wrote on the inside.


Thanks for looking!



8 comments:

  1. Drea, this is beautiful! Love all the gorgeous details, fabulous take on the sketch challenge. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet & lovely page! Thanks for playing at SATW!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the challenge! So happy and joyous! Thank you for playing with us at Scrap Around The World this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sensational Page Andrea! Love the background work and what a perfect pairing of teh photos with the challenge theme you rocked teh sketch too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great page! I love all the flowers and the masking work ! All the best from SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very happy page :D Thank you for playing with SATW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very nice page, thanks for joining SATW this month! I hope you will like a new Mood Board next week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete