Instead of throwing out my Celestial Tea box, I decided to alter it with the new, beautiful, I want it all bundle by My Mind's Eye, Market Street ~Ashbury Heights, from FotoBella. The best part is that it smells great too, like cinnamon spice!
Other Supplies and Tools:
Martha Stewart Scallop Punch
1. Measure your box and then, cut, and score fold lines accordingly. I used almost a whole sheet of the Garden's paper, and glued it all around the box, including the bottom.
2. Apply the gold decorative tape all around the box, about an inch and a quarter from the top.
3. Using the Martha Stewart punch, punch a strip about an inch wide from the striped paper, score your fold lines, and ink the edges with gold ink. Now you can thread your ribbon through the punched holes and start gluing it a little above the gold tape, starting in the back, but leaving the front to glue later.
4. Using another sheet of the Garden's paper, I cut out the same white flower, as the one on the front of the box, curled the petals up, and glued right over it, to give it some dimension.
5. Now you can glue the rest of your striped strip to the front of the box, and add a brad to the center of the flower.
6. I added the doily, teacup, and gold flourish from the Mixed Foiled Bag on the top of the box.
This is my entry for Flying Unicorn's What's the purpose Challenge, to make something pretty from something you'd normally throw away. Thanks for looking!