Thursday, December 18, 2014

Inspirational #151 ~ Merry Christmas Card

    Even though Christmas is right around the corner, there's still time to make some last minute cards, like the one I made here for Inspirational #151. I'm hosting this week at Red Rubber Inspirationals with the stamping theme "Christmas Cheer", and would love to see your projects!



     I started this card by blending some Distress Inks (Broken China, Tumbled Glass, and Shaded Lilac) onto some white cardstock, flicking an old toothbrush with water onto it. Then I used some white embossing powder to create snow with the Speckle Background stamp. After cutting 2" strips I embossed the edges to look like snowy windows. The trees were stamped with Palette Inks (Jardin Moss and Burnt Umber) using the Oh Christmas Tree stamp, and then embossed with white again, to create snowy trees. I also used white embossing powder to the hills, which I hand cut, along with the sentiment and snowflakes using Vintage Christmas, all from Red Rubber Designs, which carries a wonderful selection of Christmas stamps at great prices.

      This is my entry for Sketch #5 used in the December Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com.



     Thanks for your visit, and have a wonderful holiday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment