Thursday, February 21, 2019

Be Always Blooming ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Hello! I'm back with another art journal page featuring the Beautiful Butterflies Cling Mounted Stamp from Red Rubber Designs, and the Iris Fantasy download from their digital shop, Pickled Potpourri Designs




     I started by creating texture to the background with some cheesecloth, strips of lace, and some fiber adhered with a coat of clear gesso. Then I applied my new Prima Unicorn Effect Paste to the Stamperia Wonderland Stencil, before coloring with my Lindy's Gang Sprays (Blue Hawaiian Blue, and Ocean Breeze Blue), Magical (Sassy Sapphire), and Magical Shaker (Guten Tag Teal).



     The Tim Holtz chipboard flourish was coated with Prima White Gesso, and colored with Lindy's Magical Shakers (Guten Tag Teal and Polka Purple) along with Blue Hawaiian Blue Spray. Then I really made it sparkle with Unicorn Effect Paste, which I absolutely LOVE!



     I also applied Unicorn Effect Paste to the Beautiful Butterflies, embossed with Lindy's Midnight Violet Embossing Powder! Can you see the beautiful chunks of glitter? 



     I used Midnight Violet Embossing Powder over some old black alpha stickers to spell ALWAYS, and Angel Wings Peacock for BE and BLOOMING. 



    The flowers, Iris Fantasy, were colored with Lindy's Magical Shakers (Guten Tag Teal and Polka Purple), along with Blue Hawaiian Blue and Witch's Potion Purple, also used on the butterflies. Then I gave the flowers some sparkle with Lavender Stickles, and the leaves with Eucalyptus Stickles. 


Thanks for looking!

********************




Challenges Entered:



Magical (Sassy Sapphire from the Drop Dead Diva Shimmer Set) 


Frilly and Funkie ~ Let Me Count the Ways (3 butterflies, 3 rubber stamps, 3 digital stamps, 3 iris', and 3 words in the quote)


6 comments:

  1. WWoowwww Drea !! This is a so so Gorgeous page !! I like very much the so beautiful background you have created, the colours, the amazing flowers and butterflies !! Congratulations !
    I wish you a very nice day
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Drea what a magical journal page! I love how you've brought the images to life even more with the powders, shakers and sprays. And you've shown how well the power of three works with your clever design. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie for this challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spectacular use of threes on your stunning journal page, Drea! I love those colors, and iris' happen to be one of my favorite flowers. I love the chunky bits of glitter on your butterflies, which make this magical, indeed! Thank you for playing along at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous project. Makes me long for Spring! Thank you for sharing your inspiration with us at Lindy's

    ReplyDelete
  5. So very pretty! Thank you for playing along with us at More Than Words!

    ReplyDelete