Monday, March 25, 2019

Rise & Shine Coffee Tag

     Good morning! Today I have a tag made for the Emerald Creek March Challenge based on an Ordinary Day, which I must admit stumped me at first. But no matter what kind of day I'm having, coffee gets me through it, and gets those gears going.



     I also wanted to play in the Pass the Tissue, Please! Challenge again at Frilly and Funkie, since I really do need to start using up my large stash of it. So I covered torn pieces of white tissue paper onto a manila tag using Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel, and painted it with Lindy's Sprays (Cafe au Lait, Mission Bells Brown) and Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist (It's Brown), which I also used for the splatters. Then I used Soft Matte Gel again to adhere a piece of white tissue paper onto burlap, and stamped and embossed the coffee bag with EC Oil Rubbed Bronze EP. I used the same colors to paint it, and added beads to look like coffee beans spilling out from it. 



     The rest of the stamping was done with Prima Marketing Stamps, with the mug embossed with Oil Rubbed Bronze EP, and the other background stamping embossed with Onyx Frost EP, using the Salvage District Stamp. Then I cut the letters with my Cricut Expression (Printing Press cartridge), and embossed "Rise" with Burnt Copper Leaves, "&" with Kettle Copper, and "Shine" with Mirror Gold embossing powders. 



     I couldn't make this tag with using EC Just Java (Aroma) embossing powder, added to the edges, and onto the gears, mixed with Burnt Copper Leaves EP, Mirror Gold EP, Ancient Amber (Baked Texture), and Chunky Rust (Baked Texture).



     The sun was cut with my Cricut Expression (Life is a Beach cartridge), with the bottom layer embossed with Mirror Gold EP, and the top layer done with Ancient Amber (Baked Texture)


     Thanks for stopping by!

*************************
Challenges Entered:






6 comments:

  1. Wow - this is amazing!

    Happy new week!

    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely wonderful tag Drea !! Love the so beautiful background you have created, love those coffee beads!
    Wish you a very nice day
    Big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marvelous looking tag! Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cool!! Love the details and textures! and of course, coffee is my fav ;) Thanks so much for joining us for the Emerald Creek March challenge. Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your coffee themed tag, Drea! The coffee bean bag is a great detail, and I love your use of all those embossing powders. And of course, the tissue! Thank you for playing once again in our Pass the Tissues challenge at Frilly and Funkie, Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, and I'm with you on needing the morning coffee! Sorry I'm late visiting your blog but I've been on my holidays. Thanks so much for joining in with us at Country View Crafts, and I hope you play along with us again this month. Sue xx

    ReplyDelete