Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Travel Collage Art Journal ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Red Rubber Designs has a great assortment of travel stamps, which I featured on this art journal page! 



     The colors and bricks were inspired by the Lindy's Gang July Color Challenge.



     I started with some background stamping using the Script Background and the Ancient Map Unmounted Rubber Stamps. Then I embossed the travel images onto white tissue paper using Jet Black Archival Ink and Lindy's Black Forest Black Embossing Powder, adhered with Prima Soft Matte Gel. The Paris Collage and Triomphe Collage were layered together, anchored by the Fleur de Lis, (no longer available) stamped onto paper clay. 



     The bricks were done with a stencil and white gesso. Then I colored them and the rest of the page with Lindy's Sprays (Black Orchid Silver, Autumn Maple Crimson, and Cajun Carnelian Red) and Magicals (Oom Pah Pah Pink and Black Forest Black). The red sprays were also added to Prima Rust Paste (Red) and applied to the bricks for some texture. 




     Unlike the other images, the Liberty one, was adhered over the bricks. 



     
     The wooden embellishments are from My Mind's Eye (Hello World), with the destination arrow over the Tower of Pisa.




         I stamped the Fiore Dollar Stamp (no longer available) onto paper clay. Then I colored it with Black Orchid Silver Spray and Oom Pah Pah Pink Magical Shaker, followed by a coat of Queen Sheba's Silver Embossing Powder




     Buttons were the finishing touch, with hand-stitching added to them! 

     Thanks for looking!


******************


*******************
Challenges Entered:


4 comments:

  1. Oh wow - so pretty and so full of fantastic details! A brilliant page! Thank you very much for joining in at AJJ with this terrific entry! Much appreciated! You never cease to amaze with your art!
    Susi xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so stunning, Drea. Of particular not to me was how realistic the bricks looked. I have a brick stencil and mine have never looked that realistic. Yours turned out to be the focal point in my opinion. Of course, I also loved all the travel stamps and the travel ephemera you chose, too. This is incredible and we are delighted you shared it with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That should have read "NOTE" instead of "NOT." Sorry I didn't proofread before publishing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely adore this as it reminds me of our recent trip! I love the brick wall effect....and the wall art you added to it!! Thank you so much for this entry at Art Journal Journey! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete