Saturday, July 27, 2019

Wander Tag

     Howdy y'all! I'm back with a tag inspired by the wild west!



     I added lots of metal and rusty textures using Emerald Creek Embossing Powders for the July Rhinestone Cowboy Challenge at Emerald Creek Dares.  



        I started with some background stamping, and applied white gesso to the Tim Holtz Stripes Stencil. Once dry, I colored it with Distress Spray Stains (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Wild Honey, and Fossilized Amber). Then I reapplied my stencil, and embossed it with EC Chunky Rust Baked Texture. The arrow and "wander" were stamped and embossed with EC Onyx Frost, and "wander" was colored with Distress Inks (Rusty Hinge and Fired Brick). 


     
     The stars are brads that I covered with black gesso, a coat of EC Ancient Amber Baked Texture, followed by Charred Gold Embossing Powder



     To make the cogs and screws, I applied paper clay to the Finnabair Mechanica Mould. Then I painted them with Dylusions (Ground Coffee) Paint, embossed with Ancient Amber Baked Texture, and topped with Chunky Rust Baked Texture. An awesome combination! 



     My favorite part is the belt, made with torn pieces of brown and dark brown tissue papers, adhered with Prima Soft Matte Gel onto a white strip of cardstock! Then I punched some holes, and embossed them and the strip edges, with Oil Rubbed Bronze Embossing Powder. The buckle was made using the same steps as the stars. 



     I finished it up with some rope around the hole, and a tassel made of yarn. 



Thanks for looking!

************************************

Challenges Entered:






6 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag, thanks so much for linking to Tag Tuesday, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous tag, love the colors and how you rusted Metal piececs! Thanks for sharing with us on A vInatge Journey Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your lovely tag with us on tag Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is amazing! I love that belt buckle and the cogs!! So cool. Thanks so much for joining us for the Emerald Creek July Dare - we hope to see you again.
    Hugs,
    Karla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful tag Drea !! love every detail.
    Very happy Friday,
    Big hugs, CAty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely rusty warm colors and fun embellishments! Thanks for playing along with the "It's Heating Up" challenge at The Funkie Junkie Boutique!

    ReplyDelete