Wednesday, November 27, 2019

Beach Shaker Window

     Hello again! When I think of what I want to see outside of my window, it's the beach. So I created a shaker window made from leftover clear packaging from some Petaloo flowers, framed with strips of heavy kraft board.




     The colors were inspired by the Lindy's Gang November Color Challenge, which is my favorite combo from the year so far!




     I wanted to make a faux distressed wood frame, so I applied white gesso to the Tim Holtz (Woodgrain) Stencil onto mitered strips of heavy kraft board, after coating them with clear gesso. Then I colored them with Squirts (Beaver Tail Brown) and Magical Shakers (Lederhosen Laurel, Yodeling Yellow, and Guten Tag Teal). If your mitered edges don't exactly line up, like mine, just add gesso to the back until it fills up any cracks you might have, and paint over it. 



     Leaving nothing to waste, I used the cardboard backing from the Petaloo packaging to create the background, made from torn dictionary pages, cheesecloth, and brown paper napkins, adhered with Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. After coating it all with clear gesso, and touches of white gesso, I painted it with LG Magical Shaker (Guten Tag Teal) and Sprays (Treasure Island Aqua and Cafe au Lait). Then I applied white gesso to a TCW Stencil to make the waves, embossed with LG Embossing Powder (Purely White).



     The die cut palm trees also got a coat of clear gesso, along with some cheesecloth added to the trunks. Then I combined Magical Shakers (Lederhosen Laurel and Yodeling Yellow) to paint the palm fronds, and Squirts (Beaver Tail Brown) for the trunks. 



     To create more texture, I added a strip of burlap for the fence, and Prima Marketing Camouflage Paste (Dusty) for the sand. For the shaker element, I added some small shells and Prima Marketing Mica Flakes (Frosted).


Thanks for looking!
    
     **********************

Squirts ~ (Beaver Tail Brown)
Embossing Powders ~ (Purely White)

Challenges Entered:





2 comments:

  1. Lovely canvas. Very pretty scene. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fun! I love all the textures! Thanks for joining us at The Bleeding Art Challenge!!
    Xo
    Nelly
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete