Wednesday, December 25, 2019

Peace Hope Love Tag ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Hello and Happy Holidays! Unfortunately, due to chronic pain, and arthritis that's been in overdrive lately, I wasn't able to make Christmas cards this year like I usually do, but did manage to make this tag conveying Peace, Hope, and Love to all of my family, friends, and followers this 2020, and wishing you all a very Merry Christmas! 




     Most of my inspiration came from the beautiful December Mood Board at Art Daily Cafe




     I started by adhering a white napkin to a Dina Wakley Mixed Media tag using Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. Then I stamped the Holiday Collages Stamp from Red Rubber Designs, to some torn pieces of white tissue using a permanent grey ink, and adhered those as well, along with some Finnabair Texture Paste (Platinum Crackle). Once dry, I painted it all using Finnabair Art Alchemy Sparks Paints (Butterfly Spells and Ginger Magic), mixed with Metalliques (White Pearl and Silver Spoon). 

     Embossing the Oh Christmas Trees came next, using Emerald Creek (Silver Sparkle) Embossing Powder, and giving them snow caps with Emerald Creek (Soft Fallen Snow) Embossing Powder, also used to emboss the falling snow with the Speckle Background Stamp. To bring out the reindeer from the Holiday Collages Stamp that I previously stamped onto tissue paper, I embossed one using Emerald Creek (Silver Sparkle) EP along with the angel on the top of the tag, which you can see in the second to next photo. 




     The white trees were done with the Tim Holtz (Mini Woodland) Stencil and Prima Marketing White Gesso, using a palette knife to create texture. Then I made them sparkle with Finnabair Unicorn Effect Paste, which I absolutely LOVE!! To top them off, I added some stars made from paper clay with the Finnabair (Stars and Moons) Mould, and embossed them using EC (Silver Sparkle) EP again. 




     The same mould was also used for the moon, made from paper clay, and given a coat of Finnabair Texture Paste (Platinum Crackle) before painting with Finnabair Art Alchemy Metalliques (Silver Spoon and White Pearl), and finishing with some touches of Art Alchemy Metallique Waxes (Old Silver and Brushed Iron). I cut the wing myself from heavy kraft stock, using the leftover Tim Holtz Grungeboard as a stencil. Then I coated it with Prima Marketing White Gesso, and waited for it to dry, before adding the magical Finnabair Unicorn Effect Paste. 




      The phrase was embossed with the Thankful For You Stamp from Red Rubber Designs




     Finally, I finished it up with a strand of clear beads along the bottom. Thanks for looking!



**************************
Challenges Entered:









No comments:

Post a Comment