Wednesday, July 29, 2020

Summertime Blues

     Who says there ain't no cure for the Summertime Blues? For me it's the beach or lake, painting/creating, and music, which inspired this art journal page. 



    I also took inspiration from the July 2020 Time Mood Board at Art Daily Cafe.



     I started by adhering torn strips of old sheet music onto my page, and randomly adding Prima white gesso. Then I embossed some script and clock stamps with Ranger (Clear) Embossing Powder. 

     If you're familiar with my work, you probably know how much I love an ombre effect, and painted one here with Lindy's Gang Sprays starting on the bottom with (Tiffany Lou Blue, Ocean Breeze Blue, and Delphinium Turquoise). 

     The paintbrushes were stamped with the Prima (The Archivist Collection) Stamp Set, using Ranger (Jet Black) Archival Ink, embossed with Emerald Creek (Chunky Rust) Baked Texture onto white tissue paper. After tearing around the edges, I adhered it with Prima 3D Matte Gel. 



     I love the rusty effect I got with the paintbrushes, and did it again, minus the tissue paper, to the Creative Embellishments Steampunk Clock Stamp, and the gears and cogs using the Artistic Stamper (Tick Tock) Stamp! The clock hands are from another older stamp embossed with Emerald Creek (Mirror Platinum) Embossing Powder.



     The tiles were embossed with Ranger (Blue Glass) Embossing Powder onto white cardstock.



      Ranger (Blue Glass) Embossing Powder was also used on the Prima Stitched Circles Stamp. To resemble bubbles, I painted them with Art Alchemy Metallique (White Pearl) Paint, and added splatters onto the background. 



     More stamping and embossing was done for the titlework, again, using Ranger's (Blue Glass) and Emerald Creek's (Mirror Platinum) Embossing Powders.



     The wood strips mimic a window, looking out to the sea, and were made from a recycled cracker box, covered with Prima white gesso. Once dry, I applied the same gesso to the Tim Holtz (Woodgrain) Stencil, and painted it with Art Alchemy Metallique (Royal Blue and Midnight Sky) Paints. Then I added more texture with Prima Patina Effect (Blue) Paste and Rust Effect (Red) Paste.  The brads were embossed with Emerald Creek (Mirror Platinum) and also got touches of (Red) Rust Paste. 


     Thanks for dropping by, and stay safe! 

**************************
Challenges Entered:







2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Drea! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday. Of course, you know what I'll be singing on my walk this afternoon! Hugs, Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous page! I love the summertime blues vibe, and the colours and textures are gorgeous 😁. Thanks so much for joining in the fun at Try it on Tuesday! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete