Thursday, April 5, 2012

C.S.I. Case File #13

Hello! I hope you're all enjoying your week. I can't believe Easter is  this weekend! I wanted to share another page I did for C.S.I. Case File #13.  This was based on a sketch at Funtoolas. I'm also entering it in the  Paint it on Challenge at Flying Unicorn, and the  April Showers and one-pic challenges at Scrapbook.com. I love when I can combine challenges!
Here's a look at the case file.
This is such a beautiful color scheme and makes for some great nature photos! At first I struggled with the evidence, so I surprised myself by using 5 out of the 7.

Evidence:
*string/yarn/fiber-That was easy and right up my ally. I used yarns and fiber on my journaling tag. I also used embroidery floss to hand-stitch the butterflies, and for the circle using my twisted stitching technique found here.http://dreasscrapsofinspiration.blogspot.com/2011/06/pages-in-time-interactive-blog-hop.html
*map print-I cut up a travel brochure that I picked up while on vacation and sewed a pocket out of it.
*jewels-The light blue rhinestones I used on the flourishes that I stamped and embossed using clear embossing powder.

*spiral flower- The big green and light blue flowers I made out of a brown shopping bag using paint for the edges like I did for the background. 

*tuck in a little surprise-I cut out a seahorse using my Cricut (Life is a beach cartridge) which I tucked into my map pocket, so when you take the tag out it's a little hidden surprise.

Testimony:
*Partially hidden journaling- I made a tag.
*Inspiration word-I used the word delight in my journaling.
I just want to give a thank you to Krista AKA Puppet for the butterflies! I inked and stitched them.Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Andrea - this is a gorgeous layout - and love your blog. Thanks for visiting The Paper Mixing Bowl - if you want to email me - the address is papermixingbowlblog@gmail.com....I'm not sure why the link broke - it was working before....Thanks for letting me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL - love this page- perfect choice of colors and textures and a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome is your layout, love the paint on the flowers, so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this Andrea!!! The netting is perfect and love the painting!!

    ReplyDelete