Saturday, April 14, 2012

Opening Day

Spring is here, and besides flowers blooming, and birds chirping, it's also the start of the baseball season. Every time I mention to my husband that I can't decide what to scrap next, he always says his baseball photos, so I think he was surprised when I actually agreed this time. I've been slowly working on an album from his baseball glory days, but I'm not a sports fan, and always have the hardest time creating his pages. It's hard finding baseball papers, especially in these colors, so I had to be creative.
I started with this sketch that I used for the April 2 page sketch challenge at Scrapbook.com taken from Pagemaps.
This is also my 2nd entry into the April Paint it on challenge, at Flying Unicorn, and my entry for the banner challenge going on at Funtoolas. I used plain cardstock to make this 2 pager. I started with white, and used a combination of masking, painting, doodling (the black splotches), and inking.  The tag with the date and the row of black circles on top were stamped. I made the banner using my bunting banner tutorial found here. http://dreasscrapsofinspiration.blogspot.com/2011/08/bunting-banner-tutorial-and-contest.html I made this one bigger and cut out the 2 black ovals at 4 1/2", and the 2 yellow ovals at 3 1/2". I also distressed the edges.
I hand stitched the red laces in between the photos.
I made the frame from cardboard and paint.
Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Hi there Andrea!! you created a fabulous boy double page, love the stitching like in a baseball and the banner looks great too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome page Andrea!!! Love the baseballs on your banner!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so awesome and boyish. Fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete