Sunday, April 8, 2012

Hoppy Easter

Happy Easter everyone!!!Here's some pics of my son 3 years ago, with the Easter Bunny. I had so much fun cooking this up for the second challenge at The Paper Mixing Bowl!

You start out with the main ingredient, which was white, a list of ingredients, measurements (a sketch), and directions (journaling). Here's a look at the recipe.
Utensils:
*Chipboard elements-I used chipboard in my title and the 3 small circles on my doilies.
*Stitching-the blue background paper was already stitched, so I did a straight machine stitch around the scalloped white cardstock.
*Corner/edge punches or decorative scissors-I used 2 different Martha Stewart edge punches, and decorative scissors around the blue cardstock under the doilies.
*Doilies-Got it.
*stickles/liquid pearls-I'm not sure if it counts, but I used puffy paint to make the white bling.
*Oval elements-Egg shapes behind the large doily.

Directions:
I used the inspirational words fresh, and Spring, in my journaling, which I did on an oval shape.

Now that's my kind of cooking! Thanks for stopping by, and enjoy the rest of your Easter!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Drea - what a fabulous use of the recipe! I love how you incorporated a picture into your title lettering - what a great idea! Love all the punching and stitching! Thanks SO much for playing along with The Paper Mixing Bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for playing along with our challenge Drea. This is amazing!! I love the blue and white together. I love the flourishes and the way you used the doileys! I hope you will do more of our challenges so we can keep seeing your great layouts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fabulous! I love the way you played with your title, using your son's pic in the "O". Fun and fresh page.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! I also love the picture of your son in the "O" and the use of your doilies. It all came together beautifully! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome work Drea! Love the doilies and how you inked the edges of your oval shapes - so soft! I also love the bling! Thanks for playing along at PMB :)

    ReplyDelete