Monday, May 20, 2013

BOAF May Kit Reveal

I really let my girly out with my last 2 projects working with the May Birds of a Feather Kit! One of my favorite papers from this wonderful kit was the vellum paper with the stitched butterflies by American Crafts "My Girl" collection, which I used on both projects. In this first one, I scrapped this fabulous photo of my friend Jenna's beautiful daughter, on her 2nd birthday. Doesn't she have the most beautiful blue eyes?
 I started by fussy cutting the border from the yellow "Spread Sunshine" paper by Simple Stories "Vintage Bliss" collection. I used the other side behind the photo, and to cut out some of the flowers. For the background I used Gumball by Lily Bee "Sweet Shoppe" collection which you can buy in the extras. Here's a closer look at the vellum butterfly paper!
I used inks along the bottom of the quote and to highlight her age on the bingo card. I used the yellow sheer ribbon, which comes in the kit, behind the Spread Sunshine sticker, which I added an eyelet to, tying some yarn from my own stash through it. 

I also used the large blue flower from my own stuff, and stamped, embossed and hand cut the rest, using the dots from last month's kit for the centers. I used the Lily Bee stickers to make the tag and date.

For my next project I used this sweet photo which I had saved in my Clip Art folder. Since it was a while ago I don't remember the site it came from.

I used the rest of the vellum butterfly paper, minus the butterflies, for the background of this page, gluing it onto white cardstock. The rest of the papers are from Simple Stories "Vintage Bliss" collection and come in the extras along with the chipboard umbrella. I LOVE these bling rain drops which come in the main kit!
I made these easy flowers with my Cricut and distressed the edges. For the centers I used the chipboard flowers from the extras, and the same dots I used on the previous page that I had leftover from the April kit.

Be sure to get your May Kit before it's gone! I still have so much to play with, and love how well everything goes together! Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment