Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Saying Goodbye to the Paper Mixing Bowl

As I was creating this page using the May recipe for the Paper Mixing Bowl, I didn't know that it would be my last one for them. Unfortunately the site will be shutting down after this last recipe. I'm going to miss the wonderful design team, and wish the best for everyone wherever your scrappy paths lead!!
In honor of Mother's Day, I scrapped my beautiful Mother, which is what my Spanish title translates to in English.
Here's a look at the recipe and how I used it.
Utensils:
*Mother of Pearl-some of my buttons
*Stitching
*I heart Mom- I used a heart photo of my Mom
*Get messy. I used gesso, mists, and Stickles to create the doily heart on top.
I also got messy misting the lace, which was first used to mask the background and the blue paper under the photo. You can see a bit of it peeking out in the photos above and below.

*I tore and water distressed my papers.
*I stamped the scallop heart on the photo and used a Prima flower stamp. I didn't use any journaling.

The butterfly was printed a long time ago from Swirlydoos.
Here's  a close-up of some of the beautiful Prima and Petaloo flowers that I used mixed in with some old buttons.

 Thanks for looking!


No comments:

Post a Comment