Monday, August 26, 2013

Tiny the Turtle

Happy Monday! I hope everyone had a great weekend! I just want to share  this page that I made for my Aunt who is recouping from surgery. She's a little obsessed with turtles and has real and fake ones all over her house. So I decided to scrap this photo of one of her real turtles named Tiny.

I was inspired by the bonus sketch for the August Monthly Sketch Challenge at Scrapbook.com.

I started with this very old grass paper that I've had since I first started scrapping. I had to use it here though, and mixed it with some Tim Holtz "lost and found" papers. After inking and water distressing the edges, I also machine stitched around them, using different colored green threads. I created a shell texture with some gesso, inks, and mists near the flower and top right side by the grass. The title was made from some old green alpha stickers that I covered with embossing powder. The small flower was leftover from my handmade stash, and I paired it with a leaf to cover the twist for the 4 Categories Challenge at Scrapbook.com, for category 2, to use mostly green and at least one leaf.

I got the large flower from my dear scrapping friend Anna C.  It was an off white but I sprayed it with some Glimmer Mist (forest green) and Lindy's Stamp Gang Mist (mystic malachite) to match the greens. Thank you Anna!! Then I just added some grass behind it. Thanks for looking!

1 comment:

  1. Great page! I love the embellishments and the curled edges. They really "go" with the theme.

    ReplyDelete