Thursday, January 26, 2017

Art Gave Her Wings Tag ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

      Happy Thursday! I'm featuring the Art Gave Her Wings and Victorian Borders stamps on this elegant blue and gold tag, for Red Rubber Designs!


         First I created a sky background on a white tag with some watered down Distress Spray Stain (Broken China). Then I applied some bold Dylusions Paints (London Blue and After Midnight) along the bottom and right side of my tag, to really show off the gold embossing with the Victorian Borders Cling Mounted Stamp. By adding a strip of masking tape at a 45 degree angel before embossing,  I was able to create a mitered border, making my corner look seamless.



     The sentiment was stamped with black ink, and ART and the grommet on top, embossed in gold, using Ranger's Gold Tinsel Embossing Powder, which I also used for the borders. Then I mounted my tag onto a slightly larger painted tag, and ran a line of Golden Rod Stickles along the edges.



     I colored the image stamped in black with the Art Gave Her Wings stamp, using some sprays, paints, and markers, before popping her up over a fluffy cloud made from a cotton ball.Then  I added another layer to emboss the crown with some blue bling. She reminds me of myself as child, with my head up in the clouds, and a pencil or crayon in my hand. Some things never change! Lol!




     Thanks for stopping by!

***********************************



Challenges









3 comments:

  1. beautiful tag Drea...love the image and the gold embossing ...thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge...enjoy your weekend...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowww gorgeous card and thank you so much for joining our Ribbon Girl Any Image Challenge! Good Luck! Warm Hugs, Chantal

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful tag! Love how you made that mitered corner for your embossed border. I need to remember that. Thanks so much for joining us at Let's Craft and Create. Cheryl W, DT

    ReplyDelete