Thursday, January 19, 2017

Metallic Birthday Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Happy Thursday! I'm back with a birthday card where I combined some metallics with stamps from Red Rubber Designs!



      I took my design inspiration from Sketch #3 for the January Card Sketch Challenge @ Scrapbook.com.



     My color inspiration came from the January Color Challenge at Lindy's Stamp Gang, which brought all of these metallics together!



     I started by spraying my background with Lindy's Brushed Nickel and Black Orchid Silver, finishing the edges with Queen Sheba's Silver Embossing Powder. Then I used a piece of cream cardstock to create a bokeh effect with my sprays and stamps. With a small circular foam brush, I applied some sprays (Clam Bake Beige, Golden Doubloons, A Bit o' Bubbly, Brushed Nickel, Black Orchid Silver, and Sidewalk Chalk) overlapping part of my circles.  Then I used Queen Sheba's Silver Embossing Powder again to stamp the larger rings with the Background Soup Stamp. The smaller rings were embossed with Twilight Bronze Slate using the Build-A-Background Stamp. Finally I punched around the edges with three different sized circle punches, and embossed them with Twilight Bronze Slate.



    To allow the bokeh effect to show through, I made a banner out of some sheer ribbons, and machine-stitched the edges with silver.



     As soon as I saw Lindy's image, I knew I had to add some balloons! Originally I wanted to make shakers out of them, so I could add confetti, but didn't have any clear acetate. So instead, I cut some balloons with my Cricut, colored them again with the same sprays, and added clear gesso with small beads to the bottoms. I embossed around the edges with Twilight Bronze Slate and Queen Sheba's Silver, using the Sweet Sayings Stamp to emboss the sentiment with Midnight Pewter. For some shine and dimension, I added a coat of Glossy Accents, and finished it up with some raffia bows and hand-stitched strings.



Thanks for looking!

******************************


Challenges


Sprays

Embossing Powders









18 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card with such great details. You have used the colours beautifully too. Thanks for playing along with us at Lindy's. 😄

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful card, super colours and detail. Thank you for joining us at TioT's.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic project! I love all the depth and details and special effects on that! Thank you very much for joining us at TioT.
    oxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh this is so beautiful and really fits the challenge, with the balloons! Wonderful work. Thank you for joining Lindy's color challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW - what a fantastic card...!!! I love your blue and brown colour combo with all those metallics. Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice card. Love the colours. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations. DT Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amazing and creatif! Thank you for joining Lindy's challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful card, love those colours! Thank you for joining us at Try It On Tuesday! Chrisx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card. Thank you for joining us at TioT.

    ReplyDelete
  10. So pretty, your card is such original! Thank you for playing along at Lindy's stamp gang!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! Thanks for playing at Lindy's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A wonderful card with lovely details! Thanks for playing along at Lindy's challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous textures and layers, thank you for joining us at A Vintage Journey, Deb xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. yoru card is gorgeous, I love it ! thank you so much for sharing with us at The Artistic Stamper
    WIshing you good luck to win beautiful stamps !

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card and great take on our challenge! Thank you for joining us at Lindy's color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fabulous card, thanks for playing along with Lindy's :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Interesting work! thanks for playing along with Lindy's

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love it!!! Beautiful!!! And the way you did the balloons was just GENIUS!! :) Hugs...Janie

    ReplyDelete