Wednesday, January 25, 2017

January Art Journal ~ FotoBella DT

 In the spirit of the New Year, I thought I'd try something new, so I bought an art journal to enhance my creativity. I started out with two pages, but messed up the first one so bad, that I tore it out and threw it away. Once I got going though, this page came together pretty quickly, and was so much fun to do!




      I sprayed my entire page with a little water, and a couple of Distress Spray Stains (Broken China and Hickory Smoke).




  Then I used an older tree stencil to mask the bottom, spraying it again with the same colors. Not wanting to waste any sprays on the stencil, I pressed it onto my page, repeating the process a few times.





     I also masked the year and month using the older Tim Holtz alphabet mask with the same sprays. Then I used a white Lindy's spray to paint snow along the tops and sides, and outlined them with a couple of gel pens. I actually thought it was done at that point, but once I took photos realized it needed something more. So I took the smallest Bo Bunny Palette Knife to apply a coat of Tim Holtz Distress Collage Medium Crazing over the letters and numbers, which produced the icy effect I was going for. To enhance the crackling, I used a paintbrush with some watered down Broken China Distress Spray Stain, wiped it away on top to reveal the snow, and painted icicles along the bottoms.



  After adding some white spray to my page, I embossed the snowflakes using Bo Bunny's Snowflakes Stamp with Ranger Silver Embossing Powder.
It all came together perfectly!


    

Thanks for looking, and stop by FotoBella for all of the new goodies that are coming out! 

*****************************
Challenges





5 comments:

  1. YAY Drea! I love people who push their own creative boundaries and try something new so way to go you on starting a journal! Love your wonderful splattered/drip laden page with those translucent trees and shimmering snowflakes. Thank you so much for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx
    and ps. - lost count of the number of times I've messed up, but now rather than ripping up mistakes I cover them with gesso and restart or use them for die cutting - it's ALL good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great project Thanks so much for joining us over at Crafty Creations Challenges. Kristina DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art journal page, Drea. Thanks for sharing your process, you've done a beautiful job! Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Carte Blanche!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work. Thank you for joining the challenge at More Mixed Media. Hope to see you again next time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a stunning winter page! Thank you so much for joining us at the Frilly and Funkie Challenge!
    Hugs,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete