Thursday, September 6, 2018

Happy Leaf Birthday Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Happy Thursday! I'm back with a card featuring the Happy Leaf Unmounted Rubber Stamp from Red Rubber Designs, just in time for the upcoming Fall season.



     Wanting to experiment more with my Distress Oxide Inks, I created the background with them, in addition to some regular Distress Inks, by smooshing the inks with water onto white cardstock. Then I used the same Oxide Inks (Peeled Paint, Spiced Marmalade, and Vintage Photo) to stamp the leaves and sentiment with the Happy Leaf Stamp, and embossed it with clear embossing powder.

     Since this card is a little smaller than my usual ones, I wanted to add lots of texture, so I backed it with some burlap, and added some fibers, including the strands I took form the burlap to fringe the edges.



     Finally, I finished it up with some hand-stitching.



          Thanks for stopping by, and get the Happy Leaf stamp, and many others at Red Rubber Designs!


     ****************************************



Challenges Entered:



Stamping Sensations ~ Beginning with B (Burlap, Button, Brown, and Birthday)






7 comments:

  1. You have created a beautiful Auntimnal card, many thanks for joinin in with our 'I Spy' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a wonderful autumnal creation and you’ve done a great job with the Distress Oxides. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A gorgeous autumn card. I love the colours and the oxide background. Thanks for sharing it with us at Stamping Sensations.

    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful card! love colors and stamps you used! great work! Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pretty textured birthday card looks amazing! I love the stitched details and that fuzzy yards! Beautiful! Thanks so much for plying along with us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty autumn card! I love the way you stamped the autumn leaves in three colors! It is absolutely gorgeous. Thank you so much for joining us on Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge. Have a beautiful day! xx Ankita

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a beautiful birthday card. Love all the awesome texture you added too. Thank you for entering your project in the challenge at House of Cards. I hope we see you for the newest challenge too Karen DT House of Cards

    ReplyDelete