Tuesday, September 11, 2018

La Liocorne

     As soon as I saw this month's fantasy theme at Art Journal Journey, I knew I wanted to use my new Stamperia Wonderland Stencil from FotoBella.com, which I previously hadn't had a chance to use, on this art journal page.




     And this month's Lindy's Gang Color Challenge inspired the color palette.



      I started by stamping the background with a couple of Prima Stamps using Ranger Archival Jet Black Ink. Then I applied Prima White Gesso to my Stamperia Wonderland Stencil. Once dry, I colored it with Lindy's Magicals (Tears on my Pillow Tangerine and Danny Zuko's Denim from the Go Greased Lightnin' Flat Set and Prima Donna Purple from the Drop Dead Diva Shimmer Set) and Sprays (Delphinium Turquoise Shimmer, Witch's Potion Purple Shimmer, Golden Doubloons Vintage, A Bit O Bubble, and Sidewalk Chalk Flat). Then I used my stencil again over some of script and the butterfly with Hyacinth Blue Jade Embossing Powder, and rubbed it lightly with Prima Metallique Wax (Vintage Gold).



          To highlight the unicorn, and a few other areas of my page, I applied the stencil again to use with Lindy's Purely White Embossing Powder. Like the script, I went over it with Prima Metallique Wax (Vintage Gold). Then I adhered gold and clear sequins and beads.




     The butterflies were stamped and embossed with Hyacinth Blue Jade Embossing Powder onto cardstock that I sprayed with the same background colors, using the Bo Bunny Flutter Stamp.



Thanks for looking!

*********************************
Challenges Entered:










A Inky Mess ~ #23 Anything Mixed Media Goes

10 comments:

  1. An awesome and magical fantasy scene, thank you so much for adding this page to Try it on Tuesdays and to Art Journal Journey.
    The textures and background colours look super and the stencils you used are fabulous. i love the unicorn and the pretty butterflies seem to lift from the page.
    Thank you again for sharing this page with us.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A fantastic and really magical scene with so much clever techniques used on it! I am totally in awe of your wonderful page and more than happy to see it linked to Art Journal Journey challenge ! Thank you very much for playing along with us again!
    Hugs, Susi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And great to see you linking to Try It On Tuesday as well!

      Delete
  3. Unicorns and butterflies. What could be better. Sure it's a fantasy, but it's YOUR fantasy. And the page is so well done, too. I got caught up in how you made it, and was mesmerized. Thank you so much for this magical and colorful entry you shared with us at Art Journal Journey.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous page.

    Thank you for joining us at TRY IT ON TUESDAY

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing page! It looks so magical and I loved reading how you created it too 😀. The blue embossing powder and gold accents look so beautiful together! Thanks so much for joining us at Try it on Tuesday! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page, lovethe vibrant colours ! Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh what a wonderful image, really a dream. All these wonderful ornaments ,nice colors and small decoration elements, not to forget the lovely butterflies make it magic.I Love it so much.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  8. So gorgeous Art journal page !! Love this so beautiful background, the lovely colours and the wonderful stencils and stamps you have used, Great !!
    Very nice evening, big hugs, Caty

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty and such gorgeous colours, beautifully blended! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth xx

    ReplyDelete