Tuesday, June 18, 2019

Best Dad Ever Layout

     For my Dad's birthday a few month's ago, he just wanted a photo with all of his kids. So I scrapped it for him for Father's Day, using an older Bo Bunny line (The Avenues) with some Prima Rust Pastes. 




     I took my design inspiration from this beautiful Sketch #375 at Sketches in Thyme




     The hexagons were created with the TCW (Chickenwire) stencil, using Prima Marketing Black Gesso. Once it dried, I applied Prima Marketing Red Rust Paste and Mint Patina Paste. Then I stamped the background with the Bo Bunny (Rough It Up) Stamp. 




     All of the clocks were fussy-cut from the Bo Bunny (The Avenues) paper.




     The cogs and gears were embossed onto black cardstock using The Artistic Stamper (Tick Tock A5) Stamp with Emerald Creek (Mirror Gold) Embossing Powder. After fussy-cutting them, I applied more Rust and Patina Pastes. 




     The other embellies, like the screws, were made from paper clay with the Finnabair (Mechanica) Silicone Mould. I painted them black, applied some Prima (Vintage Gold) Wax, and more Rust and Patina Pastes.




     The title was done with the Bo Bunny (The Avenues) Chipboard, and like the rest of the embellies, received Rust and Patina Pastes. Then I used some old stickers for the date. 


     Thanks for stopping by!

*****************************
Challenges Entered:


6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you decided to join us at try It On Tuesday Drea. this is a fantastic page. Love the rusted looking accessories. Hugs-Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. A wonderful scrapbook memory page. It is a lovely happy family photo.
    Thank you for joining out theme over at Try it on Tuesdays.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all the texture and detail on your page! You will treasure this page always! Thanks for joining us and good luck with your entry!
    Hugs, Joy
    Joyfully Stamps
    Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous card to honour you Dad. The background decoration is so nice, I love that much. Great design.
    Dear Greetings
    Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous - love how you did the hexagons. Thanks for joining us at Sketches in Thyme.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A wonderful memory to cherish. I love the details and textures. Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media challenge!

    ReplyDelete