Thursday, June 13, 2019

Lindy's Gang June Color Challenge

     Hello! I'm back with a mixed media project made from a piece of cardboard and some altered metal tins!




     The colors were inspired by this month's color challenge for Lindy's Gang.



     After tearing a layer of the cardboard apart, I applied the waterfall image (in Hawaii) that I saved from a magazine, with Prima Marketing Soft Matte Gel. Then I went over the background with clear gesso to prepare for my colors.



     After painting the greenery on the sides with Lindy's Gang Spray (Sea Mint Green) and Magicals (Drop Dead Gorgeous Green and Greased Lightnin' Green), I decided to add texture with Prima Marketing Rust Paste, using the green from the Camouflage set. Then I went over it with the same colors, and added Magical Shaker (Yodeling Yellow). To mimic the waterfall, I used a paintbrush with Prima White Gesso along the grooves of the cardboard. 



     The water was colored with Lindy's Sprays (Ocean Breeze Blue and Delphinium Turquoise), along with Magical (Sassy Sapphire). Then I added Prima Glass Glitter (Pearl) and Emerald Creek Quarry Gemstones (Jade), on and around the water. 



     I love the turquoise beads, which have been in my stash for awhile, and are also inside of the blue tin!



     To alter the metal tins, which started out silver, I covered the insides with Prima White Gesso. Then I colored them with Lindy's (Ocean Breeze Blue and Delphinium Turquoise). The lids were covered with Prima Black Gesso, followed by the same Prima Green Rust Paste, used on the background, and the same green coloring. Each lid has a flower on top, made from gold metal that was covered with white gesso, before coloring. After coloring the Bo Bunny chipboard butterflies, I embossed the centers with Lindy's Gang Embossing Powder (Purely White), and added some Bo Bunny Jewels. 



     Each tin has cheesecloth around the rim with some plastic greenery on the right. Then I filled them with some beads, pearls, and small flowers made from paper clay using the Prima Mould (Art Nouveau). Besides the beads, all of the embellishments in and on the orange tin was colored with Magical Shaker (Oktoberfest Orange), including the metal fish recycled from a pair of earrings. If I had more I would've added fish to all of them. I also added (Purely White) Embossing Powder to the centers of the paper flowers. After altering all of the tins, I cut circles out of the cardboard to insert them in, giving this piece lots of dimension. 



     Finally I added some flowers and leaves, which I left alone. The blue and green flowers are from Prima Marketing. Then I twisted some twine together to finish the edges, dyeing one strand with Sea Mint Green Spray mixed with Yodeling Yellow Magical ShakerOktoberfest Orange Magical Shaker, and Delphinium Turquoise Spray

  
     Thanks so much for looking and stopping by!

     ******************************
Challenges Entered:

Products used from the Shop:





6 comments:

  1. gorgeous, thanks for joining us at FnF :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is magical, Drea! I love how you've incorporated the waterfall photo into your gorgeous artwork! The tins filled with little trinkets is so clever and your bold colors make for a gorgeous scene! Thank you so much for sharing this lovely piece with us at Frilly and Funkie! Hugs! Sara Emily

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is beautiful, loving the tropical feel to this work of art. Thank you for joining us over at Bleeding Art this Month.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx
    Bleeding Art DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky. Pat K xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic Drea! The addition of the altered tins with their mini scenes perfectly compliment the waterfall background and I love how you've used lots of 'natural' embellishments to really enhance them. Thank you for joining us at Frilly and Funkie xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful details. Lovely and very creative. Thank you for joining us at Creative Artiste this month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete