Thursday, August 8, 2019

Altered Seashell

     A few months ago my Mom gave me a bag of seashells, that I thought were too big for scrapping with. But altering one worked perfectly for the August Color Challenge at Lindy's Gang, and was so much fun to do! 




     The first step was making some of my embellishments with paper clay and a few Finnabair moulds (Art Nouveau, Mechanica, and Hollybrook Ironwork). The flourishes were molded onto the shell before completely drying. Then I added some pearls and shells, and covered it all with white gesso. 



     Once the gesso dried, I spritzed it all with water, adding (Treasure Island Aqua) Spray, (Sassy Sapphire) Magical from the Drop Dead Diva set, and (Oom Pah Pah Pink) Magical Shaker





     In between the embellies, I added some Prima Rust Effect Paste (Dusty) with Beaver Tail Brown Squirt added to it, to mimic sand. 





     After adding touches of Prima Metallique Wax (Old Silver), I went over everything with a light coat of white gesso again, and added some more color. Then I applied (Purely White) Embossing Powder to the raised areas, followed by a couple of coats of (Angel Wings Peacock) EP all over. 



Thanks for looking!


***********************************
Challenges Entered:

Lindy's Gang ~ August Color Challenge









4 comments:

  1. Wow that is amazing. It is so pretty. Thanks for explaining how you did it. You are very creative.
    Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations.
    Narelle DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful design! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media monthly challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing texture and design, so very creative. Thank you for joining us at Bleeding Art!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful creation. I have never seen this before, just gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Creative inspirations for our seasonal challenge.

    ReplyDelete