Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Teal and Copper Birthday Card

     I just LOVE teal and copper together, as shown on this card, colored with Lindy's Gang Magical Shakers, Spray, and Embossing Powders! 



     My design inspiration came from Sketch #223 at Feeling Sketchy.



     The background was stamped with the Salvage District Prima Stamp, before adding white gesso to the TCW (Mini Raven Mosaic) Stencil. After drying, I spritzed it with some water, and added Lindy's Gang Magical Shakers (Guten Tag Teal and Aged Copper) along with Treasure Island Aqua Spray. Then I went over the stencil work with Metallique Wax (Rich Copper). 



     The clock was stamped with the Tick Tock Stamp from The Artistic Stamper, and embossed with Lindy's Cleopatra's Copper and Midnight Copper Embossing Powders, also used on the brad and sentiment. The clock hands were embossed with LG Black Forest Black EP. 



     For the Cup of Tea for your Art Challenge at A Vintage Journey, I used a cup of hot tea, which I never drink anyways (lol), to lightly dye the natural twine wrapped around the clock, the card edges, and the butterfly, where I also painted some Guten Tag Teal Magical Shaker. The body and antennae was embossed with LG Cleopatra's Copper EP. 



     I finished it up with some small copper rocks and shells. 


Thanks for stopping by!

******************************
Challenges Entered:


     




6 comments:

  1. I love the combination of textures! Lovely colours too, great entry for our Country View Challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, the teal and the copper are great together!!! Fantastic texture!!! Thank you for joining the August challenge of the Country View Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. Love your background and the colors are great. Thanks for playing along with as at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely fabulous! Teal is my favorite color! Your work is so beautiful, love colors and design! thank for ahring with us your art on A Vintage journey Challenge Blog! barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, what a great card! It could be an art journal page too. I love your interpretation of our sketch it's full of details! Thanks for sharing your work with Feeling Sketchy. I hope you'll be inspired by our next sketch too!
    Regards,
    Maja DT at Feeling Sketchy My blog: Rilcek in Kljuncek

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, I love blue, such a stunning card.
    Thank you for joining the challenge at Feeling Sketchy.

    ReplyDelete