Monday, August 19, 2019

Orange Blossom Tag

     Instead of lemons for National Lemonade Day tomorrow, I made a tag full of oranges!



     I was completely inspired by the August Mood Board for Challenge #8 at Splashy Mix Challenges, from the colors, flower, wood, and obvious oranges!


   
     I started by transferring the large oranges, cut from a magazine, with Prima Soft Matte Gel. I only applied it to the tag and didn't use enough, so it wasn't a successful transfer, and I almost threw it away. But I liked the distress look of it, and the faded colors became vivid again with some watered down Dylusions Paints (After Midnight, London Blue, Pure Sunshine, and Squeezed Orange).


   
          To the older Petaloo flower, I added a silver flower charm. 



      I used Finnabair Stamps for the background, embossed with Emerald Creek (Onyx Frost) Embossing Powder. The small white flowers were embossed with Lindy's Gang (Purely White) Embossing Powder. Then I added some silver beads to the centers.

    To make the oranges, I punched circles from white cardstock, and embossed them with Lindy's Gang (Oktoberfest Orange) EP. While the powder was still hot, I used the end of a paintbrush to make the white dots, and popped a couple of them up for dimension. The crate of oranges, cut from a magazine, is there to catch all of the oranges falling from the tree. Lol!



     The hole and edges of the tag were embossed with Emerald Creek (Mirror Platinum), and tied off with some ribbons. 


     

Thanks for looking!
*************************
Challenges Entered:






4 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous tag Drea, and thanks for showing how you made it. Wonderful colour combination, too. Thanks for joining us at Tag Tuesday, much appreciated! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic tag. I like the colors you used.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! So very colorful! Thanks for joining us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media!

    ReplyDelete
  4. perfect take on our Moodboard Drea. beautiful Taga. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Splashy Mix Challenge

    ReplyDelete