Sunday, August 11, 2019

Anniversary Card ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

     Today I happily celebrate 18 years of marriage with my husband, and made this mixed media card for him, featuring some stamps from Red Rubber Designs!




     My design inspiration came from the 400th sketch celebration at Freshly Made Sketches using their first sketch, which I'm pretty sure I've used before, also for my anniversary.




     
     The background was colored onto a piece of white cardstock with Lindy's Gang Sprays (Brushed Nickel, Black Orchid Silver, Tiffany Lou Blue) and Magical Shaker (Stormy Silver). After spritzing with water and swirling my colors together, I let it dry, and did it again. I used the same colors on some torn white tissue paper, before embossing the script with the Vintage Script and Script Background Stamps, using Emerald Creek (Mirror Platinum) Embossing Powder



     The heart was a leftover die cut that had been cut from purple cardstock. So I gave it new life with this cool metal effect, also used on the key, keyhole, and screws made from Creative paper clay with the Finnabair Moulds (Keys and Mechanica). 




     The first step was a coat of Prima Black Gesso, followed by Art Alchemy Sparks Paints (Raven Black and Mermaid Sparkle), and Art Alchemy Metallique (Silver Spoon) Paint, letting each coat dry before adding the next. Then I added EC (Fractured Ice) Embossing Powder, also used to mask a swirly heart border along the bottom, and around the card edges. 




     I love the texture and sparkle it gives around the black card base and the screws from the Finnabair Mechanica Mould!



          Behind the keyhole, the recycled netting, and sentiment stamped with the Contemporary Greetings Unmounted Rubber Stamp, I used EC (Onyx Frost) Embossing Powder. As you can see it melted some of the netting, but I still like the results.



     I hope you do too! Thanks for looking!


*********************


*********************
Challenges Entered:
Emerald Creek Dares ~ High Hopes #ecaugust2019 (I've always had high hopes for my marriage, and feel so happy and blessed to celebrate 18 years together)

Emerald Creek Products Used:
Embossing Powders (Mirror PlatinumFractured Ice, and Onyx Frost)

The Funkie Junkie Boutique Blog ~ Marvelous Metallics!

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge ~ Add A Die Cut

5 comments:

  1. Love the silver grungey background and the beautiful design! Beautiful card! Thanks for sharing this with us in "The Funkie Junkie Boutique Challenge" - Marvellous Metallics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work!! Love the composition of the heart with the key! What a fabulous story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so cool! I love the layers and 3D elements, especially the screws!! Thanks so much for joining us for the Emerald Creek August Challenge!
    Hugs, DT Karla

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous layers and content! Thanks for joining us at Emerald Creek!

    ReplyDelete
  5. awesome :) thanks for joining us for the Emerald Creek August Challenge xoxo

    ReplyDelete