Thursday, August 7, 2014

Inspirational #132 ~ Red Rubber Designs DT

    This weeks Inspirational #132,  at Red Rubber Inspirationals, is all about stamped polka dots, hosted by Kendra. I had a lot of fun making this card for my aunt!


     I started by using some gesso and the Crafters Workshop (Well Rounded) stencil, to create the circles on the left side of some white cardstock. After it dried I sprayed it with Lindy's Stamp Gang Spray (Witch's Potion Purple). Then I used black ink to stamp Well Defined Backgrounds. The circle rings and small purple dots were stamped using Build a Background. I used Palette Ink (Iris) for the rings and Memento (Grape Jelly) for the small dots. I used a strip of purple vellum to go across the bottom and stamped some larger dots onto it using Background Soup. I used the same set to emboss the silver along the edges. The layered circles of dots were done with Lotsa Dotsa. I used Ranger Archival Black Ink to stamp the ink splotch above the buttons, using So Splattered, and  "Miss You!" using Chicken Scratch, all from Red Rubber Designs. I punched the edges with holes and mounted it onto black cardstock. All of the buttons once belonged to my late grandma, which was my aunts mother, and I used nine of them to represent her nine children.

Thanks for looking!





No comments:

Post a Comment